The primary role of the Safety Communications Manager is to identify and evaluate a wide range of safety and regulatory issues and assess the impact to the industry that this organization supports and services. This position will also liaise with the full spectrum of health and safety professionals at various companies and ensure a consistent message is being communicated on behalf of the industry. This position requires analytical thinking in a fast paced environment and the ability to meet deadlines. This position may also require some overnight travel.
The Safety Communications Manager’s responsibilities will include attending regularly-scheduled and ad-hoc meeting on behalf of the Vice President of Production Affairs & Safety. The Manager will provide regular updates based on research of industry-and-agency-specific issues, be available as a resource, and make recommendations on initiatives based on comprehensive analysis. The position includes reviewing industry literature and identifying issues and trends that will affect companies. Represent and provide communications for the Production Affairs & Safety Bulletin Subcommittees. Interact with the parallel departments within the organization and external organizations communicating consistent messages. Develop, implement and actively engage in safety research communications. Collaborate with multiple safety representatives within the industry to reach consensuses. The manager will also assist in the development of safety training initiatives and compliance strategies, as well as help to plan, manage, and coordinate the day-to-day needs of Production Affairs & Safety on behalf of the industry.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in related field
• Established record of organizational communications, such as presentations, public speaking and publications
• Three or more years of environmental, health, and/or safety experience is strongly preferred
• Certified Safety Professional (CSP) certification or other specialty certification in a related field is a major asset
• Experience with local, state, and federal regulatory and governmental agencies is preferred